Sunday, October 17, 2010

Acceptance


One thing we never stop looking for is acceptance.
Personally, all my life i have tried to please everyone, in order to be accepted by them. To be the one that they like the most. To be their Go To person. Many disapprove of people like this, accuse us of being pretentious. But I beg to differ. There is a very thin line between the two. Pretentious individuals act in a particular way, but mean something entirely different. Individuals looking for acceptance, behave in particular way, in order to fit into the environment. They are aware of the line that divides the two.
In order to be accepted, I have accepted others.... accepted the shortcomings, accepted that some things are going to be what they are going to be..
But I don't want to be a person who is so worried about what other people think of them that they don't really have any belief in themselves. Because in the end there is only one person I have to answer to, and that is me.






No comments:

Post a Comment